Sunset Trails Stables offers year-round trail riding and has a variety of options to fit your needs.
Ride our seasoned trail horses through woodlands, native plain grasses, and crop fields. Our experienced instructors will educate you about the rich history of the area while you admire the local foliage and occasional wildlife.
$139 - BEGINNER HORSEMANSHIP COURSE & RIDE
This package is designed for the beginner with an emphasis on the basics of horsemanship including safety, grooming, tacking, horse anatomy, and basic horse care. Students will have an hour of classroom learning and then apply new knowledge while grooming and tacking his/her own lesson horse. Students will also practice balance and learn more about horse gaits. After two hours of beginner horsemanship instruction, students will set out on a one-hour trail ride.
$99 - INTERMEDIATE TWO HOUR RIDE
This is a great way to enjoy nature and horses with your family or friends. We begin with a brief introduction on safety and basic horsemanship skills. You will then warm up in our arena to become comfortable with the horse we have paired you with. When your instructor feels you are ready, your trail ride will begin. Please bring your own bottle of water and dress for the weather. Layers are usually best! Additional riding time can be scheduled for an additional $49 per hour.
$30/hr - EXPLORE THE TRAILS (WITH YOUR OWN HORSE)
Ready to hit the trail and explore with your own horse, but need a little help? This service is for riders who have their own horse but need a little help finding their way around the park. Our instructors can show you around the local trails and provide helpful trail riding tips and advice regarding any problems you may have with your own horse. You are welcome to haul into Sunset Trails Stables and warm up in our riding arena before you set out on the trail. Proof of negative Coggins is required!
Use of the picnic area, party room, fire pit, and barbecue grill are also available. If you are interested in booking a special package, please email or call (816) 554-7699 for pricing.
How to register:
- Reservations must be made at least one day in advance. Call the Sunset Trails office (816) 554-7699 to schedule your trail ride.
- Trail rides will not take place in inclement weather. If the trail ride needs to be canceled due to weather guests can choose to have a lesson in the indoor arena or reschedule.
- Please arrive at Sunset Trails Stables 15 minutes before your ride.
- A 50% deposit will reserve your trail ride.
- When making your reservation you will be asked to provide the age, height, and weight of all members of your party.
Rules and Regulations:
- All participants are required to complete a waiver in order to ride. Riders under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by their parent or guardian.
- [icon.pdf] Sunset Trails General Release
- No one under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be permitted to ride.
- All participants under the age of 18 must wear a helmet. Novice riders over the age of 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet.
- No one under the age of 8 will be allowed to take a trail ride. Some young or novice riders may need to ride while being led.
- Trails rides are limited to a maximum of six riders.
- For your safety and the well being of our horses the weight limit is 250 lbs.
- All riders are required to wear long pants.
- No double riding allowed.
- Boots or closed-toed shoes are required.
- You must follow the instructions of the instructor at all times. Failure to do so will result in immediate removal from the horse and a car ride back to the barn. No refund will be granted.
- Sunset Trails Stables reserves the right to refuse any potential rider for any reason.